03 May Office of Dr Phillip Lee MP – Privacy Notice
The Office of Phillip Lee MP – Privacy Notice
This privacy notice relates to the personal data processed by the Office of Dr Phillip Lee, Member of Parliament for Bracknell, in relation to casework and policy queries.
Who is the Data Controller?
The Data Controller is Dr Phillip Lee, Member of Parliament for the Bracknell Constituency.
What does the office do?
The office discharges the duties and functions of an elected Member of Parliament. As part of this work, the office conducts constituency casework and responds to government policy queries, for which we must process individuals’ personal data. The office also maintains a non-party political, opt-in mailing list for the purpose of sending e-newsletters and other information relevant to Dr Phillip Lee and his duties as a Member of Parliament and as a Government minister.
How do we process data?
The office processes constituents’ data under the lawful basis of public task. In instances where this lawful basis is not sufficient and explicit consent is required, a member of the office will contact you to establish your consent. The office is committed to ensuring that any information collected and used is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
Will we share your data with anyone else?
If you have contacted the office about a personal or policy issue, we may pass your personal data on to a third-party in the course of assisting you, these third-parties include but are not limited to: local authorities, government agencies, public bodies, health trusts and regulators.
Any third parties that we share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only for the basis upon which they were originally intended. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they ought to dispose of the details in adherence with their own procedures under all relevant data protection legislation. The office will not share any personal information of subscribers to the Dr Phillip Lee MP mailing list.
In any case, we will not use your personal data in a way that goes beyond your reasonable expectations in contacting us.
For how long will you keep my personal data?
Unless specifically requested by you, our office may hold your personal data for the duration of Phillip Lee’s tenure as the Member of Parliament for the Bracknell constituency.
Casework and policy queries are often revisited to provide the best service and representation for constituents, from whom we may continue to receive correspondence. The office deems it reasonable for an elected representative (the office) to potentially hold personal data for the duration of holding this elected office.
What rights do I have to my personal data?
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing, such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review – if our office refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason why. You have the right to complain.
How can I contact somebody about my privacy?
You may contact the office by letter, email, telephone or in person using the details below. Please note that we will ask for identification should you choose to exercise any of the above rights in relation to personal data we hold.
Dr Phillip Lee MP
House of Commons
Dr Phillip Lee MP
10 Milbanke Court
020 7219 1270
01344 868 894
Cookies are a technology which can be used to provide you with tailored information from a website. A cookie is an element of data that a website can send to your browser, which may then store it on your system. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether to accept it.
- Site administration
- Site customisation
- User targeting
- Contacting users
- User analysis
- Online polls and surveys